Tuesday, June 12, 2007



what an eventful day. Reese slept good last night,only waking to use the bathroom. we left the hotel at 8 am to go to the city where the orphanage is. it was about an hour and a half drive in, of course, crazy traffic. As we got close to the orphanage, Reese said that she was close to home - how heart breaking. The accountant wasn't there so we had to go to the notary office first. Reese was so confused and threw multiple temper tantrums. I think that the grief is setting in. She would just sit on my lap and scream and cry unconsolubly whenever I would tell her no about hitting or kicking. It is hard to tolerate when I am so tired but at least she is expressing her grief. How tramatic for her. Wondering if this mom will leave her too? We were told that she was taken from her foster family 10 days ago and has been at the orphanage until yesterday. Then we go back there today??? Poor baby. please keep us all in your prayers as we practice patience. She did play a little with dad today and when I really just needed a few minutes to myself mom and dad took her to the park. After the initial cry, she was fine. Thank goodness because my arms are killing me from carrying her.
The child can eat like a horse. Obviously her portions have been small because we are at the table waiting for her long after we are all done. Her skin and hair are not real healthy looking from, I am sure, lack of proper nutrition.
Yesterday we went down to the pool and she would only stick her feet in the whirlpool and freaked out when her suit got wet! she cannot stand it if her clothes are dirty or wet. The Terpstra came out in her today because she jumped in the whirlpool, played in the bubbles and even put her face in. What will tomorrow bring? Freestyle across the pool with Kendall?
Speaking of Kendall, Reese is just like her. She is picky about her clothes, talks in her sleep and even made me stop on the sidewalk to fix her hair! Help us all!!The one picture is of the orphanage.
No big plans tomorrow - but I will send some pictures.

No comments: