Saturday, June 16, 2007




so, today we got Reese's picture taken for the visa - she was the only one that smiled. Then we went for her physical exam. they herd the adopted kids in like cattle, station to station. Two doctors came and listened to her heart. That made me a little nervous but I guess everything is ok. I don't have my stethescope with me. Then at the ENT check the doctor checked her hearing and it was excellent - yeah. then they looked in her mouth and said "oh"! My heart kind of dropped until she said "good teeth!" that must be unusual here. All this was followed by a ton of paperwork.
this afternoon we went to the pearl and jade market. It was 2 floors of lots of different stones and jewelry. We may have purchased a few things??
Reese is starting to venture off without me. We have joining rooms with mom and dad and she will go in there and play without me. But she still has to come back and jabber to me about all that is going on. She did nap today which she needed but it is now 930 and she won't sleep. What to do tomorrow??
Only 4 more days until we head home.
one of the pictures shown is outside our hotel window...

1 comment:

Denice O said...

Hey There Merideth,Kendall and Reese!
We thought we would check in and see how things are going. Sounds like it has been a bit of adjusting and growing. The pictures are awesome, Reese looks kinda big , although probably not.
We miss you and hope all is well during the next step. We look forward to more updates. We are praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. It has been a q we so far hopefully not jinxing ourselves. Happy Fathers Day new Mommy. WE miss you, Love your girls of the Night.(Denice, Kelly P. Julie D., and Kim T.)