Monday, June 18, 2007







Today I was stuck in the room until 1200 because our coordinator took all our paperwork to the US Embassy and I needed to be available in case she had questions. At quarter to 12 the phone rang. Reese's visa picture wasn't acceptable - they couldn't see her ears (or lack of). So we had to trudge down to the "photo" place to have another one taken. Oh well. We took it easy all day and hung out at the pool to soak up a little sun..of course it started raining after a while. Reese played with Kendall and let her take her under the waterfall. Brave girl. She wanted to do it over and over. At least she is finally leaving my side. She will run down the hall in front of me and doesn't always have to hold my hand. Very nice for me!! We still have our daily temper tantrums but we just ignore them.
Only one day left to kill. We will go the embassy for the oath ceremony at 4. Then time to pack up. We are trying to figure out how much after transportation and food we need to spend on gifts since we can't trade our money back from yuans. Nothing like having to spend money!!
The island that we are staying on is so much better than Zhengzhou. We don't have to pray for our lives when we cross the street and we dare eat the food. But I can't say that I will miss any of it. I love America more and more and feel so bad for the children that have no hope. The poverty here is unbelievable. Maybe that is why the kids wear split pants?? I hope that someday Reese understands how lucky she is. God is looking out for her.

No comments: