Sunday, June 17, 2007




Today was a free day so we did some shopping after breakfast - in the rain. It was fun though. At one point we got caught in a torrential downpour and a store owner came out with her umbrella to save us. I am sure it was partly to get us in her store but that was ok. She gave us some good deals on some silk outfits for the girls. 5 dollars each in US money. We then ate a late lunch - early dinner and went on the Pearl River Cruise. It was a neat way to see more of the city and the lights.
I cursed myself and said that Reese hadn't had a temper tantrum all day - then one started 5 minutes later. I am sure she was tired but she was testing me and of course, didn't get her way and whoa...here we go. At least they don't last as long now. ( I should knock on wood) I think that she is finally starting to get that mama doesn't give in. I always win!!! (ask Kendall) She is actually laying down right now without me trying to fall asleep. Every day is a little better. She is blowing kisses to us, loves zerberts, tells everyone bye bye when anyone leaves - even the elevator woman, understands no and usually listens, and says thank you, please and help in english and sign language. She even let mom pick her up to look out the window. I think my arms are finally recovering from the first few days of carrying her everywhere. I am dreading the plane ride still - but she takes benedryl like a champ so hopefully that will save us. Also I know that she is going to lose it when she has to go in the carseat at home. The cars and vans here don't even have seatbelts and the kids just walk around. Many people have the kids on the mopeds and bikes with them just hanging on to their waists. Crazy!! so we are planning some good bribes for awhile. Feel free to offer suggestions.
Reese is asleep now - all on her own!!
Blessings to all. Happy Fathers Day

No comments: