Friday, June 15, 2007





We are now in Guangzhou and I am a new woman. The flight went well, Reese ate the airline food most of the time and that kept her busy. Our hotel is gorgeous with a water fall in the middle and 2 outdoor swimming pools. Maybe I can catch up on my tan? We have nicknamed Reese Fozzie bear because all I can understand is "wacka, wacka". The girl talks non stop - and we thought Kendall was bad!! It is so nice to be around some American people. There are several adoptive families here and it is great conversation. I really thought I was going to lose it in Zhengzhou. We took a tour of the island when we got here and saw lots of shops to go to. We then walked along the Pearl river and ate at Lucy's. Great food finally. Actually the girls had peanut butter and jelly and fries and I had grilled cheese - but it was so good. It was nice to feel full. I think I have lost a few pounds. I put on some shorts the other day and they fell to my knees! Anyhow, Reese gave us the thumbs up to Lucy's as you can see in one of the pictures.
I forgot to mention the other day that when we were at the orphanage the accountant tried to get us to pay more money for REese than the original donation fee. Our travel coordinator Helen really advocated for us and argued for over 30 minutes with them. We didn't understand a word of it but new there was trouble. We only ended up paying a few more yuan.
Tomorrow we go to get her visa and have her medical appt. At least it is something to do... then we shop til we drop and eat and swim in the sun. It might be almost like a vacation. We miss you all at home and are ready to return to the states though.

No comments: