Monday, June 11, 2007






GOTCHA DAY!!!!!
Reese is now with us and after the initial trauma of the separation she is doing well. We found out that she has been back at the orphanage for 10 days. She kicked and screamed when they gave her to me and was temporarily won over by a sucker. Once we left the building she was fine but would not let me put her down. We had to get a picture taken of her and I down the street and it was quite stinky on the way with sewage in the puddles. her first English word that she caught on to was "yuck". after they took our picture and were developing it on the screen she saw us and said "mama". Oh how my heart soared!! We went to the park afterward and bought water and sprite for the girls. she finally let me put her down than. the smog has lifted today and it is hot!! Too hot to carry a little one. She loves to take walks and hold Kendall and my hand. There is no doubt that she can hear just fine and is very smart. When we passed the building from our first meeting she recognized it. she is eating non stop and everything she sees she wants to eat. We have to hide the food in the room. she must not have gotten a lot of food at the orphanage. We have another meeting at 330 so back out in the heat. she is good about telling us she has to use the bathroom and was intrigued with the pool. Maybe we will try it later. tomorrow we will travel to see the orphanage and have more meetings. pray that we all sleep well because I am exhausted.

6 comments:

Keisha said...

Oh Merideth! She is just beautiful!! I was so excited for you and Kendall meeting Reese last night, I could hardly sleep..I checked your site at 7:15am my time! :0) (I hadn't even had my 1st cup of coffee yet!) :0) She looks very healthy & she seems to be bonding with Kendall right away! I will continue to pray for yall, & I hope you get some rest!!!!
Much Love & Support!
Keisha

Keisha said...

Oh YEAH, TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Merideth-
She is beautiful. You all look so happy and excited. We can not wait to meet her. I am praying God gives you the strength and sleep you need to get through.
Lots of Love
Cheryl and Girls

Cheryl said...

Merideth-
She is beautiful. You all look so happy and excited in the pictures. Kendall and Reese seem to be hitting it off. I will pray the God gives you the strength and sleep you need to get through.
Lots of Love
Cheryl

becky said...

Merideth,
She is absolutely adorable....I'm so happy to hear that it wasn't too traumatic when you first met. She looks like she fits right in and will be the perfect addition to "our" family. I'm so happy for you and Kendall. I miss you a bunch so hurry up and come back so I can meet my new little cousin. Love you all,
Becky:) and Connor and Eric:)

natashalp said...

Merideth... doing some catch up: she's BEAUTIFUL! You look like a wonderful family, and it's so exciting to read about all your adventures. The prayers are coming your way. Safe travels. Can't wait to see her!

Take care,
your Butterworth buds