Wednesday, June 13, 2007






Another free day and it has been long. We went to the park after breakfast hoping it wouldn't be so hot - wrong! Reese would not walk so I had to carry her everywhere. I am sure that is part of the bonding process but I thought that I would have a heat stroke. My face was so red. So later we went to Mcdonalds - in China - and I broke down and bought an umbrella stroller. My arms hurt so much, even though she is a little thing - I just couldn't do it anymore. Thank the Lord that she was willing to ride in it. But of course, only mama could push it!! Kendall has been taking some great pictures of our trip, from her eyes. They will be neat to develop. Kendall did mention that yesterday Reese had 4 crying spells, and only 2 (so far) today. Maybe we will not have any tomorrow? She is very strong willed and living up to her name (Reese means fiery). Maybe we should change it?
I forgot to mention yesterday, when we went to the notary office, it was like you could never imagine. We stopped in front of a building that looked like it was ready to fall down. climbed some stairs that had never been cleaned - ever! There were no lights and it was rather creepy. And the weird part, there was a school in that building! Wild stuff - that I care not to experience again. God bless America!!!
2 days ago, Reese would only sit on the side of the pool and panicked if her suit got wet. yesterday she jumped in and was putting her face in. Today she walked off from me and figured out how to float in a tube. she has no fear of water. She falls in, goes under and comes up laughing.
We don't have anything to do until Friday when we fly out to Guangzhou. Helen will pick up Reese's passport tomorrow. We are getting a little stir crazy here.
( Reese just helped me answer the door. It was housekeeping and as they handed her some cookies she said "thank you" in English and sign language. )

1 comment:

Keisha said...

I am so excited to see Reese doing well! Sounds like Kendall is a big help and a wonderful Big sister! God bless you Kendall!!! He has given you an awesome job to teach Reese "little sis" and help momma out! I too, am a Big Sister and know what its like. Reese will be watching everything you do and will won't to be just like her Big sister!
Merideth, we got our TA yesterday!!! I am so excited!! Go to :
myadoptionwebsite.com/ourfaith
Looks like we will be passing each other in the friendly skys!! DANG IT! We leave on the 19th, which is the 20th China time, which is when you are coming home! Anywho, take care of yourself and be sure and check our site on the 25th, that's when we receive Faith!!!
Love & Prayers,
Keisha