Friday, May 18, 2007

These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. Hebrews 11:39-40.

I found these verses highlighted in my Bible today as I was dealing with the frustration of not getting our travel approval this week. I don't remember ever reading these before let alone highlighting them - God is speaking to me. I deeply want to be at Lindy's delivery, which is still not totally out. It all depends on what her amniocentesis shows on the day before the c-section is scheduled. But God knows....maybe we are not supposed to be on a plane on June 1...or maybe Reese needs one more week with her foster family. As I fight the tears, I do truly have faith that He has had this planned since time began. It is just tough. Trust, right? So, I pray for a good nights sleep and blessings on all the little ones without families waiting for them.

For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. I have become like a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge. My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long. Do not cast me away when I am old: do not forsake me when my strength is gone......
But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone. Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come. Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like you? Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.
Psalm 71

1 comment:

Keisha said...

Hang in there girl!!! God has that "perfect time" for us both to get our girls from China. We just have to have Faith & trust Him. I know it's hard!
Love,
Keisha